7 Tips On How To Find The Right Roofer
Our experience has shown that consumers are leery about hiring roofers. The same issues seem to dominate their complaints. For this reason, we have created the "Consumer Protection Packet". This packet contains information that you need to protect yourself as a consumer. Before you agree to do business with a roofing contractor, make sure they provide you with the information listed in the packet.
The following are few tips on locating the best roofer:
- Do they have a current contractor license?
Your roofing contractor should have a current contractor's license thru the state of Utah. To check on their current license, click here.
- Do they provide an official lien waiver WHEN THEY FINISH THE JOB?
If your roofing contractor doesn't pay their supplier, the supplier could put a lien on your home until the dept is paid! Make absolutely sure your contractor signs a lien release form clearing you of any liability.
- Do they provide you with a letter from the roofing material manufacturer stating that they are certified to be installing their product on your home?
Some roof manufacturers require that the contractor go through training and be certified to install their product. if your contractor hasn't done this, chances are that your warranty will be worthless.
- Are they insured with both Worker's Compensation for their employees, as well as Liability Insurance for your home?
This is critical. If they are not insured, then YOU take the risk if someone gets hurt or something gets damaged. You are entitled to have a copy of these certificates.
- Do they take the time to inspect your attic and educate you on the necessity of proper attic ventilation and insulation?
The manufacturer will void the shingle warranty if the attic isn't properly ventilated.
- Do they provide you with the most extensive warranties available on labor and materials?
As a certainTeed Certified Select Shingle Roofer, we have earned the right to offer you extended warranties of 12, 15, or even 20 years we will register your roof. Ask for details!
- Do they provide you with a 5-year reference list with a least 1,000 customers?
Any good roofer that has been in business for at least 5 years can give you the names and addresses of at least 1,000 customers.
Call Juli Today For Your FREE No Obligation Estimate and Consumer Protection Packet!